Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
All users of bioreactor systems have questions, sooner or later. This is due not only to the technical aspects of the product, but also because of the many different ways to analyze and influence biological processes.
The FAQs listed here represent a selection of the questions that we receive most often. We look forward to even more. It's these questions that help us better understand the people who use our products and what their needs are. They also tell us that you use and have an interest in our products. Should you have a question that is not answered to your satisfaction here, don't hesitate to get in touch with us!
Questions about DASGIP Technology
- What are typical applications for DASGIP Bioreactor Systems?
- How many bioreactors are operated simultaneously using DASGIP?
- How much space does a 4-fold bioreactor system require?
- How many parameters can I control using DASGIP System?
- How many parameters can be displayed in a process overview?
Do I need programming skills to automate my process?
The DASGIP Automation Package includes a set of easy to implement automation features without any need of programming. Profiles, trigger and profile timetables allow for various control strategies, all of them easy to select by mouse click with parameters entered manually or just copied and pasted from MS Excel, Word or from any other filed process. Users with programming skills and special control requirements however, are free to run scripted control strategies and profiles as well.
The integration of 3rd party analyzers via OPC interface extends the automation potential provided by profiles, timetables, and scripts. Cell numbers, nutrient concentration or even amino acids derived from HPLC analysis can be integrated into a closed loop as easily as any other feedback signal generated by the bioreactor system.
» Further Information
- Can I change triggers, profiles, cascades and scripts online?
- How difficult is it to modify a DASGIP System subsequently?
- How many speed controlled pumps do the DASGIP Reactors feature?
- Which temperature range can be controlled in a DASGIP Bioreactor?
- How many mass flow sensors are available?
- What is the benefit of the off-gas-analysis?
- How many ports do DASGIP reactors feature?
- Which working volumes are available using DASGIP Control System?
- How is the reactor protected against overheating?
- How are DASGIP vessels agitated?
- Can I integrate DASGIP with Historians & Supervisory Control?
- How can I harness data generated by Parallel Bioreactor System?
- Can I get remote access to a running process outside my lab?
- Are there any alarms in case of critical deviation?
- I can not log-in into DASGIP Control: what is the reason?
- Can you help me with my controller loop parameters?
- What can I do against the pH drift during longer experiments?
- How to calibrate a pH probe?
- How strong is the influence of temperature for my pH calibration?
- What is a cascade in dissolved oxygen (DO) control?
- What is 100%DO and what is the difference to 100V% oxygen?
- What calibration parameters do you recommend for a DO probe?
- Is it possible to receive a negative OTR in off-gas measurement?
- How reliable are off-gas data when working at benchtop scale?
- What are typical process variables to be controlled by triggers?
- Is it possible to feed continuously even at very low feed rates?
- How to clean Polytetrafluorethylen (PTFE) components?
- How to clean metal sparger?
- How to clean glas sparger?
- How to clean stainless steel components?
- Do stainless steel components bear any risk of corrosion?
- Is it possible to automatically control the foam in DASGIP vessels?