Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
All users of bioreactor systems have questions, sooner or later. This is due not only to the technical aspects of the product, but also because of the many different ways to analyze and influence biological processes.
The FAQs listed here represent a selection of the questions that we receive most often. We look forward to even more. It's these questions that help us better understand the people who use our products and what their needs are. They also tell us that you use and have an interest in our products. Should you have a question that is not answered to your satisfaction here, don't hesitate to get in touch with us!
Questions about DASGIP Technology
- What are typical applications for DASGIP Bioreactor Systems?
- How many bioreactors are operated simultaneously using DASGIP?
- How much space does a 4-fold bioreactor system require?
- How many parameters can I control using DASGIP System?
- How many parameters can be displayed in a process overview?
- Do I need programming skills to automate my process?
- Can I change triggers, profiles, cascades and scripts online?
- How difficult is it to modify a DASGIP System subsequently?
- How many speed controlled pumps do the DASGIP Reactors feature?
- Which temperature range can be controlled in a DASGIP Bioreactor?
- How many mass flow sensors are available?
- What is the benefit of the off-gas-analysis?
- How many ports do DASGIP reactors feature?
- Which working volumes are available using DASGIP Control System?
- How is the reactor protected against overheating?
- How are DASGIP vessels agitated?
- Can I integrate DASGIP with Historians & Supervisory Control?
- How can I harness data generated by Parallel Bioreactor System?
- Can I get remote access to a running process outside my lab?
- Are there any alarms in case of critical deviation?
- I can not log-in into DASGIP Control: what is the reason?
- Can you help me with my controller loop parameters?
- What can I do against the pH drift during longer experiments?
- How to calibrate a pH probe?
- How strong is the influence of temperature for my pH calibration?
- What is a cascade in dissolved oxygen (DO) control?
- What is 100%DO and what is the difference to 100V% oxygen?
- What calibration parameters do you recommend for a DO probe?
- Is it possible to receive a negative OTR in off-gas measurement?
- How reliable are off-gas data when working at benchtop scale?
What are typical process variables to be controlled by triggers?
In many cases it might be more beneficial to link the start of a feeding profile or the activation of a controller to a certain predefined condition (trigger condition). This can increase the degree of process automation significantly and addresses individual differences between parallel set-ups. The DASGIP Control software provides an easy-to-define and very flexible trigger feature. It is possible to define a trigger that switches a device (pump or control) on as well as defining an additional trigger that switches the device off. The sensitivity of the trigger regarding to any signal noise can be adjusted using a low pass filter.
Furthermore, an extensive package based on the widely used Visual Basic .Net language also used in Microsoft Office allows for unlimited individual control, feeding and automation.
Detailed information is summarized on the following slides:
- pH Triggered Control Start
- Switching pH Control
- DO Triggered Substrate Feed with Time Delayed Inductor Feed
- Stirrer Speed Triggered Temperature Reduction
For more information contact email@example.com or call +49-700-DASGIP-AG/+49-700-327447-24
- Is it possible to feed continuously even at very low feed rates?
- How to clean Polytetrafluorethylen (PTFE) components?
- How to clean metal sparger?
- How to clean glas sparger?
- How to clean stainless steel components?
- Do stainless steel components bear any risk of corrosion?
- Is it possible to automatically control the foam in DASGIP vessels?